Friday, March 1, 2013

Great song

I love all kinds of music. I grew up listening to The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkle, Frankie Valli and lots more. When I entered my teens I took a turn into some pop punk and straight up punk, but never crossed the lined into heavy metal..yuck!

My taste continued to refine and in my early 20s stopped searching for the next album and the next band and instead enjoyed what I liked and didn't let one genre define me. I became more interested in the singer and song writers off the beaten path; Emery, Bayside, and at the time death cab..because they were no where to be found on the radio at the time. When I fell in love with my husband he opened my eyes to the wonderful world of Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds. Honestly you should see my Pandora stations they are all over the place; Jack Lieback for when I want to hear phenomenal film scores, Diana Ross for some good old fashion throwbacks, Early Bing Crosby for even earlier throwbacks, Calvin Harris for dance parties, and I'll stop there because I could do this all night.

My point is music is a big part of my life and the connections I've made to people along the way. My father and I danced to moon river by Andy Williams together since I was a little girl. As I got older I was always in tears at the end of the song because one day I knew that would be the song we danced to at my wedding and things would change forever that day. And they did, but I no longer cry when I hear it. I just think about the happiness I felt that day in that moment.

Lately I've become way more aware of the music in our car and house because its the right thing to do, but more importantly because my boys are getting older and they don't need to hear any kind of innuendos no matter how good the beat. {Justin and Jay-z I'm looking at you} When I heard the song below I was in the car and the first thing I thought was this song is beautiful. The second thought I had was I'll have to go home and look up the lyrics to make sure they are okay. Rihanna's awesome, but sometimes girls got beef with the world and needs to let it out. So I was over the moon when this song got the check off from me. ENJOY!! I love it.




Oh and if you look it up on YouTube..she's in the bath so...yeah. Don't say I didn't warn you. Lol

xO- Etheline

1 comment: