Wednesday, June 12, 2013

i woke up with the birds::

good morning sun


 
for the past few weeks I've been taking advantage of living so close to  Stone Mountain. Three mornings a week; in the blissful quiet I run anywhere from 2 to 3 miles. I really love it, and knowing my babies are all home in bed asleep is an extra perk.
 

 
This morning I decided instead of my normal exercise route I'd spice it up a bit. So I climbed to the top and ran down. Be careful if you ever choose to do this. I wouldn't recommend doing it if you are unfamiliar with the terrain. I, however, absolutely love running down. It is the most exhilarating feeling ever.
 

 
For those of you who are unfamiliar, Stone Mountain is a quartz monzonite dome monadnock, essentially a large rock. The base measures 5 miles around and the walk up trail to the top is 1.3 miles. I really recommend climbing it if you are ever in the area. The views are breathtaking, and if its a clear day you can even see Atlanta. If you aren't keen on a hike though there is a skyway rail that will bring you up and down...for a fee. 
 


See ya later. Time to run down.....

xO- Etheline



1 comment:

  1. Morning runs are awesome! I love the peace and serenity it brings!

    ReplyDelete