Monday, January 16, 2012

In which the light bulb clicks on

I try to keep my kids stuff as organized as possible, but let's be honest, they don't always cooperate. Richie loves to pull Chas's clothes off the hangers, but never his own. I worry what this all means sometimes late at night. {lol}

I found a useful notion from a blog I use to frequent about organization and it went along these lines;
"If the solution you haven't found isn't working,
don't kill yourself to change and make it work. Change up
the solution. Find something that works for you."

It was like that infamous light bulb went of in my head, one of the 100 watt babies, and I couldn't help thinking, "that makes total sense." And so as I go about my life I try to always remember this little secret. Now mind you, that's not to say that I try 17 1/2 things before I finally find what works for me. That would be silly and who has the time for that.

My point is that even if you think- That is brilliant and will totally work for my family, and 3 weeks, 8 months, or 6 hours later you realize how wrong you were; don't worry about it. Find a new solution.

This is what happened with Chas's ties. No matter what I tried they always ended up on the floor in his closet, or other places that I will not be mentioning. Then I had what can only be descibed as a brilliant, beyond brilliant idea. Why not decorate with them? And that's exactly what I did.



It's simple, yes, but great solutions don't always have to be elaborate. Feel free to jazz up your of course:) Now he can pick a tie when he needs it and actually have a place to hang it back up when he is finished.
xO- Etheline

No comments:

Post a Comment