Thursday, September 19, 2013

the time of year for boquets of freshly sharpened pencils

I'm a Yankee- plain and simple. I tell you this because as such there are certain things I hold dear as absolute truths I believe one should live by. One of them is that children shouldn't have to go back to school until after Labor day. When the summers begun its surrender and fall is making its first appearances in all it's glorious shifts in weather and leaves that are giving in and showing us their true colors. Instead---while we are in the south we are greeted with early back to school dates. This year the yellow school buses came to cart our children away far to early. When you ask? The first week of August. That's right, you heard me, August.

There's no stopping it though so we are just going to buck up and get on with it. While growing up we had this tradition of getting a back to school blessing, or as some might call it a fathers blessing the night/weekend before school started. This is a tradition that we have carried on in our own family.


 ^^ Chaz and Royal.
 
 ^^Richie and Royal. 
 
 ^^  I don't mean to gush {don't I always} but I love these guys!
 

 ^^Rise and shine gentlemen.
The lunches are packed, breakfast is ready, and the bus is on its way.


 ^^ I'm ready mom!!


 ^^ Group shot @ the bus stop. GO MUSTANGS!!
 
 
 Life been changing pretty fast around here but that's the way we like it. If the wind isn't whipping through our hair we aren't having enough fun!!
 
xO- Etheline





1 comment: