Monday, September 30, 2013

Films for the Season

There's no denying that Autumn has been and always will be my favorite time of year. Im happy to admit that over the past few years I've begun to enjoy the other seasons and what they have to offer as well. With September coming to a close- Georgia's fall is finally starting to make minor appearances. So without further ado may I introduce my 2013 Autumn Movie Bucket List. There are some classics, some new ones, and some that are on here "just because".

              #1

                 
^^ At the top of every list will always be
 Meg and Tom. I really should do a all together separate post dedicated just to my love of this movie but I don't have that type of time today. Ill just say its perfect and if you haven't seen it--- have you been living under a rock? {lol} Also-- Have you seen the original The Shop Around the Corner with Jimmy Stewart? You should watch it- it was made the same year as my favorite movie The Philadelphia Story in which Stewart was also in. 1940 was a good year for him- so handsome and he won an Oscar for the aforementioned film. 

            #2

                 
^^ This spooky tale is far fetched,
but isn't that what we love about M. Night Shyamalan?
 
              #3

                  
^^ I have been watching this heartwarming movie since I was a child. It has is all- courage, belief,
and a great soundtrack


                    #4

   ^^ This movie it perfect.
 The autumn shots in central park-the witty dialog between Meg and Billy-
 Friendship and finding love in the most
unexpected places is a perfect movie theme

                  #5

                        
              ^^ I have never seen this movie believe it or not, but I'm looking forward to  finally sitting down and watching it.

               #6

                          
^^ I've watched this movie tons of times. Its the movie that won Matt and Ben Oscar Gold.
Thank goodness Matt started writing at Harvard for a class. Where would we be without lines like, "How do you like them apples?"


            #7

                     
^^ This is another movie I've never seen- but I'm looking forward to it.
 
 
              #8

                             
^^ I love this movie- plain and simple. I think Wes Anderson is brilliant.
There are several outstanding performances-  Angelica and Gene, Alec Balwdwin, but my favorites is Gwen's.


                  #9

                             
^^ I grew up playing basketball and did pretty okay for myself so I'm a little embarrassed to say I've never seen this. So I decided to watch it over the weekend. I didn't love it but I see why many people do. It doesn't hit any of the same marks that Rudy does and so in my opinion it falls a little short. Although I do love all the cold Indian scenes on the farms and when they are enthralled by the size of the gym at *spoiler alert* State Championship--that was the size of my high school gym folks.


                #10

    
       ^^ Crazed eye Christopher Walken + Cookey Depp + Halloween = Spooky cinematic perfection


         Runner Ups--

                   
^^ This is my favorite movie Harrisons in. I love when he dances around the barn with Kelly Mcgillis and that kiss they share in the field at dusk makes my hear race.Its my favorite on screen kiss in move history.
 
  

^^ Get this-- I've never seen this movie either and I love {LOVE} Diane Keaton.
I've heard it hailed as some of her best work, but I'm not a super big fan of Woody Allen on screen.
I think I'm kind of afraid to watch it. Its something I'm working one...give me time.


So what films are on your list for this season?? What am I missing on my list that I absolutely without a doubt need to see?? Share in the comment section below. I'm always on the hunt for a good movie:)

I hope everyone enjoys their last day of September and that you all have a happy Monday--

xO- Etheline

3 comments:

  1. You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally are definite classics! Adore!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. in that list annie hall is for sure my favourite. I recommend wings of desire. it's in German, but probably the best movie ever

    hope you like it

    jomischief

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay i guess we are kindreds because meg + tom are my favorite thing in this world!!!! xo

    the well-traveled wife

    ReplyDelete