Monday, June 4, 2012

Currently Craving: Dessert{s} + Other Goodies

We have been gone for a little over two months now. Two--can you believe that??  Let me tell you the one thing I truly miss; my kitchen. I never understood before now how much I took for granted a full sized stocked fridge, multiple burners, and an oven that I have always had access to. Rest assured though it will never happen again!! Some moments occur where I miss the freedom of walking into my kitchen and whipping up a delicious treat for me and my familia. Like these ones below----->

{WARNING: may cause drooling}

Food

On the other hand, I don't miss the piles of dishes that were usually left in the wake of the mama of the families occasional Mad Hatter ways in the kitchen. In my defense the results where usually well worth it! I haven't used an oven since we left...that feels so odd to me, yet there are so many people here in Colombia that don't even have one; have never even used one. I feel so blessed to have the simple things that make me so incredibly happy in life. Yes, like an oven.


yum

Man I would kill for a good old fashioned American Cheeseburger!! And some BBQ chicken. And some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Don't misunderstand, you can get most of these things here, but they just aren't the same. I'm nor sure if that's good or bad, but there it is.

Now go into your kitchen and bake something for me your family. Anything. Get a move on now<33

xO-Etheline

2 comments:

  1. are those nobakes on the top row?! because those are basically my favorite. thanks for making me salivate on my desk.

    ReplyDelete