Thursday, December 13, 2012

So you love to cook?

I highly HIGHLY recommend getting this cookbook!!



Collecting cookbooks is a dangerous road for me, but when we left for South America it was crunch time and in the end I only kept 2. Mad Hungry: Feeding men and boys and The Complete Americas Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2010.



We are, as Chaz would say, big time America's Test Kitchen/ This Old House/ Click and Clack fans in this house.

I mean how can you go wrong with good old fashioned tried and tested New England living?? Is there anything better?

I am bias??

Maybe a little-- Moving on--

Really though on a more focused point and setting New England aside--

I really fell in love with this cookbook back when I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago from Royal. I am very much a, "but why am I doing that" kind of cooker. Are any of you like that? I mean when I am putting a little bit of jam in my tomato sauce I want to know what the purpose is behind it all, and that's exactly what ATK does for you. It's not rocket science or lengthy just a short and to the point paragraph with simple explanations per recipe.









In the way back of the book they give recommendations for just about every kitchen appliance/tool known to man..

...and woman:)

I can verify a few of their "thumbs up" just ask if you need some advice.

Also included is a recommendation for product brands for this and that..which in my opinion isn't always needed, but when it is comes in handy:)

So enough ranting from little old me-- go start making your Christmas list and make sure you add this great item to it...and take it from me; it's a great gift to receive too:)





xO- Etheline



2 comments:

  1. looks good! I love looking through cookbooks. Sadly, I have such a hard time cooking anything that doesn't come with a photo. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you brought this up! I've been cooking a lot of the same ol same ol, and its time to spice things up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete