Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A {big-time} blessing

My family and I are Mormon. Did you know that? I'm sure with all of the presidential publicity that has been all over the news networks you have heard of it by now. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about it and you can check out my beliefs page here.

{ no we do not believe we are pirates::yes we believe in quality family time;) }

Anyways, this past Sunday was our first Sunday at church here in Bogota. One thing I love about the church is that no matter where you go in the world its always constant. It's like a wonderful extension of your family; someone to welcome you, automatic friends, and we as humans thrive on consistency.

Over the past few weeks I had been preparing myself for attending church wherein the families all spoke Spanish. After all we are in Colombia. Well you can imagine my surprise when we arrived and where greeted by 3 American, English speaking guys. The words they spoke where precious morsels to my English starving ears. I was even more surprised as American after American came in with their families behind us. You see the ward{congregation} that we attend is the same one that the families assigned to work at the United States Embassy attend. The talks and announcements were given in Spanish, but that's okay, we do need to learn.

My sons age group {primary} is 95% American so they all speak English. I was so worried he'd have trouble adapting. What a blessing the Lord has given us. When I was in relief society {an all women's meeting} I knew they were talking about repentance, but beyond that I only caught every 27th word. But it didn't matter because I knew that the Lord was happy that I was were I was supposed to be and my heart was in the right place.


After church we spoke with some more families and a family invited us over for dinner the following night. They are an awesome family. They are from Hawaii and have 8 children. Her husband works for the secret service. Can I say that?? It is so neat...trust me. We are making the neatest friends here. {lol}

I am grateful to my savior for the tiny acts that are huge blessings in my life. I am thankful for new friends and old friends. I am most excited that when we trust in God and take a leap of faith he rewards us in a way that is just what we needed.

xO- Etheline

2 comments:

  1. your son is adorable...and isn't it amazing how God provides in the most needy times?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats amazing that they speak english! When I was in Brasil going to church I had the hardest time but just hearing the rhythm to "I am a child of god" in Sacrament Meeting I knew I'd be okay! What a cute blog you have :)

    ReplyDelete