Friday, April 27, 2012

Weekend wrap up + 20 things

Happy Friday darlings!! I hope that your week has been full of good things. This weekend we are planning on some major changes, so make sure you stay tuned early next week. I wanted to play a getting know you game. Will you play with me? Here are 20 uber interesting facts about yours truly. I love reading about others; from quirky things to heart warming things. The world is such a large place, but you just never know how you'll meet your next bff.

So without further ado::

1. I'm the kind of girl who hates the words flighty and indecisive. I prefer the idea of, depending on the mood I'm in, wandering around from passion to passion.

2. Yes I am the {more often than not} responsible mother of 3 children, but love listening to Nirvana and Raidiohead {especially Creep}. I love stumbling upon new music, but to be honest I love listening to the same old stuff. Tuesday Night at the Music Club by Sheryl Crow circa 1994 baby!

3. Reading was never my favorite thing growing up. In 2008 I read Twilight {i know, i know} and that all changed. I read 50 books that year.

4. Now with the boom of Nooks, Kindle, and Audiobooks I am afraid that words on paper will become obsolete. Because we are traveling now I have an Ipad and read books on my nook now and audiobook on iTunes. Tell me, what does "I read a book" mean to you. Does listening to an audiobook count as reading?

5. I love to write. I've been working on a book for sometime now. Did you know that? I would love some feedback. If I posted the 1st chapter would you be interested?? DO tell...
part of me


6. When I was younger I fronted a black and white uniform all the time. Dressy or casual, rain or shine. It didn't matter. My wardrobe was the generic version of White House/Black Market.

7.Now my favorite colors consist of bone, blush,mustard, grey, coral, and peach.

8. Earlier in the year I stumbled upon Wendy's scarf tutorial on youtube. Wendy, from Wendy's Lookbook runs this a m a z i n g fashion website. She documents what I can only assume to be 90% of her outfits and they are all elegant, sophisticated, and ladylike. But not in a French Vogue kind of way, no, her outfits are functional as well. In her You tube videos she explains why and how she pairs what with what so you can learn excellent dos and dont's.

9. Why my plug for Wendy? You see I have always been more comfortable in jeans and sneakers. Always. However, finding her site was like an internal clock ringing inside of me awakening the sophisticated woman that I'm {hope I'm} turning into. And 26 is okay to call yourself a women, right??? lol

10. I  currently live in Bogota, Colombia. What the what??
part of me 2
11. You can read about our story and how we ended up in Colombia here. If you want to know more leave me a comment.

12. Royal and I thought it would be fun to keep a Website with photos, videos, and blog posts of our travels. It's called Dissect the Planet. Check it out. It will rock your face off!! ;)

13. I love listening to audiobooks when the authors narrate them. Have you read Eat, Pray, Love? Find a way to listen to the audiobook. It is so much better to hear the story exactly how Liz Gilbert wanted you to hear it. It's like sitting with an old friend for tea as she tells you about her whimsical travels.

14. Speaking of Eat, Pray, Love, I have long wanted to go to Italy, but after reading this book Im dying to go even more as well as to Indo. I feel the way about Italy as most woman feel about France.

15. I love find strength in my red hair. I know-- weird. I admire iconic redheads. From them stems my strength. Katharine Hepburn, Maureen O'Hara, Julianne Moore, Emma Stone etc...
part of me 3
16. The Philadelphia Story is my all time favorite movie. It has it all; witty Katharine Hepburn, Hilarious and possessive Cary Grant, and swoon worthy Jimmy Stewart!

17. Jane Eyre is my favorite book. Rochester is fictional perfection! Darcy...who's that?

18. After 6 years of marriage and 7 years together I am still intensely in love with Royal! We love our kids, but the times when we slip away and just have us time makes me so utterly happy!! I love that even though they are a main focus for us, they do not define us as a reason to be together.

19. Having Margot in my life makes me happier than I ever thought I'd be.

20. Girlfriends who don't have children are left in a quandary as to how I could love my kids equally. My answer is simply this. Its as if each child were a dormant chamber in my heart. I didn't know that the love was there until they were born. That's were the phrase special place in my heart came from.
part of me 5
Well there you have it. A special little glimpse into Etheline's life. Thanks for stopping by. Please share a piece of you with me so we can become better friends:)


Have an excellent weekend-
xO- Etheline


No comments:

Post a Comment