Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: The 4th of July

Our fourth of July was great!! The only thing that could have made it better is Royal was with us!! But I won't bore you with how much we missed him. I love big celebrations for the 4th. The first year we lived in Atlanta we went to Centennial Olympic Park with our 3 month old to watch the fireworks shoot off. The idea of going there still excites me but with my 5, 3, and 1 year old in tow I cringe with terror. In my experience large masses and my 3 little ones do not mix very well. .

We kept it local and saw a nice boom of firework displays. We ate popsicles, blew bubbles, and run around the park. It was so much fun. Everything I love about summer all lumped into one day!


{cheese}

{Happy 4th of July}

{Guys...there's a firework booming in the sky. Forget the chips}

{there ya go!!}
I am so utterly grateful that we live in a country where we can enjoy the freedoms we do. Everything moves so much faster these days so when we get a moment to pause and think about a simpler time; when people took the time to care about one another in a proper way. When we didn't rush around, but took leisurely walks because thats what one did to fill the afternoon, or to buy a newspaper on the street and actually read the articles that someone poured their heart into. Instead of easily swiping your iPad on a pulling up an app for the New York Times. On the 4th of July I like remember the men that fought and the women that sacrificed and the faith they shared to be bold and strike out and break away from the safety of the lives they had lived up to that point. Oh how brave! For this really is the land of the free and the home of the brave.

How was your 4th? Did you get to see family and watch the fireworks go off or did you stay inside and enjoy the air conditioning while watching your favorite patriotic flick? {Mines The Patriot} Sound off in the comments:)

Happy weekend.
xO-Etheline

No comments:

Post a Comment