Friday, May 25, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

This week? Not so good. Parts were fine, but over I feel like I'm being dropped off for the weekend; emotionally raw with hints of melancholy, and somehow over the weekend  I'm suppose to find a way to patch myself back up. That should be good. The only person I feel like I can turn to is my savior. That through prayer I may feel his love for me. That I can be lifted back up through his grace and mercy.

{via}
While I won't do into the details of why I find myself strongly identifying with the above picture I'll just say that on top of everything else I think I'm becoming lactose intolerant. Can one all of a sudden become lactose intolerant? Is that even possible? I'd love to know? Any of you had weird experiences like this?? The idea of having to give up dairy products just makes me want to cry. What will I do without Cherry Garcia? I practically survived on chocolate ice cream and glasses of milk {usually 4-5 glasses a day} while I was pregnant with Margot. And no more cheese? Really?? Ciao delicious Ina Garten mac and cheese. I am Irish, doesn't my body know that I have to have to have milk while eating spaghetti?? Let's hope this passes.

I know down and dumpy posts are no way to win friends and influence people, but I just needed a spot to vent. I usually keep things happy and up beat, but today, in this moment, I just needed to as Claire Colburn would say, "get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything that's happened."  Hopefully Monday will bring more beauty and less melancholy.

Have a happy weekend. Now if you'll excuse me I've got A LOT of work to do, and by work I mean praying<3

xO- Etheline

3 comments:

  1. I hope that your weekend is better than your week.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known several people who have randomly become lactose intolerant. I don't know how or why...but I think it is possible :( But maybe that means it will go away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hear for you!!! Love Mom
    I remember reading those last 2 words on cards written from my mom and finding the cards "later on" and being able to read them again was like hearing her saying them, very soothing.

    ReplyDelete